Illinois Invasive Species Awareness Month - May 2014
Invasive Insects - Invasive Plants - Invasive Diseases - Invasive Animals
The goal of May 2014 Illinois Invasive Species Awareness Month (ISAM) is to provide resources and opportunities to help stop the spread of invasive species in Illlinois - each and every person can make a difference, including you!
Invasive Species Affect Everyone!
Illinois Invasive Species Awareness Month is a statewide effort held each May to educate and inform citizens of Illinois about the threat of invasive species. The theme of 2014 Awareness Month is 'Invasive Species Affect Everyone'. If you live in Illinois, work in Illinois, recreate in Illinois, or just simply breathe in Illinois, invasive species affect you!
Welcome! Please explore our website for information on ISAM events and resources:
- Dozens of educational events and volunteer activities that focus on invasive species are being hosted by ISAM partners - click on our Calendar to find an event in your area.
- Learn What You Can Do to prevent the spread invasive species.
- Find pictures of many of Illinois' Invasive Species of Concern.
- What to learn about efforts in Illinois to manage Invasive Species? Click on Resources and Useful Links to find out more.
- Need to find invasive species education materials, click on Resources and Educational Materials for more information - many of the items are available free of charge!
- Would you like to host an ISAM event? Click on Resources, and Event Leader Resources to find event submission information and media tool kit.